Saturday, September 12, 2015

Birds and Airplanes

I've always had a fascination with flying. I was the child who pretended to fly off of my bed, and I was the one that built the perfect wind-up airplane in school. 
Birds. They have always had the one super power I wanted, and they got it for free. I remember even feeling jealous of birds, because God gave them wings and not me. Yet all my life, He has taken care of me.

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:25-34a

God gives us more value than anything else on this world.

Surely if He could see how much I wanted wings, or anything for that matter, why didn't he give it to me? I just couldn't grasp my mind around the thought that maybe I didn't need that.

 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 
- Hebrews 12:11

Does that mean I'll never fly? No. Maybe someday I will put on pilot's goggles and take flight. But for now, God wants me to wait.

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! -Psalm 46:10